søndag 3. august 2014

The Last Stroll (The Studio Challenges August 3rd Button challenge)

This is my FIL, who passed away last Wednesday night. He was very special to us as he has lived with us since 1995 - my kids has grown up with him too, not their parents only. The journaling says: "The last week grandpa was alive, he chose to stay at the hospital. There he would get the nursing, and the care, he needed. Cliff visited him every day, and the day before grandpa died, grandpa asked to be taken on a stroll - a wish Cliff gladly made come true".


Background paper: Webster's Pages. Flowers: Petaloo, Prima. Alpha: Jillibean Soup. Buttons: from my stash


This layout is made for The Studio Challenges' button challenge:
Today's challenge is all about Buttons! We want to see the creative ways you use buttons on your layouts!

I very often use buttons on my layouts: as the main part of my layouts are masculine, and masculine embilleshments can be hard to find, I find buttons very handy. I usually scatter them around to balance the design, like on the layout above.

Details:


I just love how many colors and structures buttons come in!




Please head over to The Studio Challenges' blog to see how the rest of the DT has used buttons and to play along.

This month the winner will receive a package of chippies from this month's sponsorA2Z Scraplets.




3 kommentarer:

Bente Fagerberg sa...

Nydelig side og flott måte å huske svigerfar en ekstra gang. Flott balanse i siden og som du sier er knapper supre til å dekorere med.

Monique Liedtke sa...

This is so beautiful Hilde! A last tribute to this special man. Love your choice of paper and embellies for this photo, really just perfect!! <3

antenucci sa...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and the nice comment, I really appreciate it!
I saw your layout on the blog, love that you journaled something sad in such an uplifting way!