torsdag 2. mai 2013

You'll never know if you don't try...

My youngest son, the 10 years old, is a very creative boy. He has tons if ideas, and is very DIY - and he has technical skills and the patience to try out what occupies his brains. The internet is a true source for getting clever ideas, like transforming an ordinary electronic fly killer to an electro shock baton - oh, was I happy for that one (insert ironic grin here), but he also wants to invent new, never seen or done before, creations.

Last summer he wanted to test out what happened if he attached an oversized A-framed wing to his bike. Would he jump longer with the wing on? Would he be able to fly if he run fast enough? He claims he jumped longer, but admits he never succeeded in taking off...

Patterned papers: AC, Lily Bee Designs, Studio Calico. Die Cuts: Crate Paper. Alpha: Jillibean Soup
Flairs: The Paper Bakery





I got the idea for the design of this layout when I saw Sketch #2 at The Paper Bakery blog. I have rotated the sketch to make it fit my three landscape oriented photos better, but except for that I have stayed pretty close to the sketch.


Did you notice the fun mix of papers and the lovely flairs? They are all from The Paper Bakery.I have been looking for a scrap kit club for a while - some times it's handy to grab coordinated papers and embellishments when you have an idea and don't want to spend time on putting it all together yourself. I have tried out a few clubs, but haven't been happy with them - either the kits weren't my style, they were over prized or had lousy customers services (or a combination of these three). Then I stumbled upon The Paper Bakery, put in an order as I fell in love with both their kits and the flairs, and so far I'm very happy with them. No, I'm not sponsored to promote them - I just wanted you to take part in my experience :-)

8 kommentarer:

Monique Liedtke sa...

Very fun layout Hilde!! Love the sketch and your take on it!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles sa...

Fabulous design! Love the outlined details and your take on the sketch by flipping it! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!!!

Unknown sa...

They are so funni ! It's a lovely layout Hilde.

Unknown sa...

I love this page, Hilde!! Awesome story to tell...amazing details!

Unknown sa...

Love EVERYTHING about this page Hilde :) The details, the layering, just everything. Thanks for joining us with the sketch!

sandi sa...

Wow! Love, love, love this! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

Ashley Horton sa...

Awesome page!! The Flair looks great and I love how you rotated the sketch!! And great story for the photos on your page! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!

Katrina Hunt sa...

I am IN LOVE with your title work! Great play on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us @The Paper Bakery!