tirsdag 30. april 2013

Closer to 50 than 40

Yepp, it's the truth...

I remember when my father turned 50. I thought he was so old! I'm sure I'm not as old as he was at my age!


All material except white cardstoch (Bazill)s: The Paper Bakery April Scrapbooking Kit (Papers WP/Alison Craft + AC/Dear Lizzy. Alpha: Jillibean Soup. Die Cuts: Crate Paper. Feather: Bella Blv. Washi: Prima.  Flair: The Paper Bakery)

Some details:

Btw, the paper with arrows is from Studio Calico's April Card Kit
Photo taken by scrapping buddy  Petra Offrell/Pysselpetra at her place  


Journaling says: " I might as well face it: I'm closer to 50 than 40. I can see retirement hitting me fast! But as it seems as "The 60YOs are the new 50YOs", there might be lots of good years ahead."


As you might know, there are two DTs at Once Upon A Sketch (OUAS), team A and team B, which alternate every second month. I'm on team B, and May is Team A's month, so I'm not up on the OUAS blog this month. But I couldn't resist plying with this month sketch and theme, and the layout above is my take on the challenge.

Sketch:



Theme: Numbers!!!

This month, we ask you to include a number , ANY number, on your layout. It has to be VISIBLE on your layout and it can be in your title or part of your journalling. It can be a date, an age, a house number, an anniversary, the number of children you have, the number of pets ....anything you like. But please make sure that there is some explanation through your journalling, somewhere on your page or blog about what this number means to you.
 
I replaced one of the photos with a tag, but still did stay pretty close to the sketch. And yes, I journaled about numbers - my age.
 
 
What do you say? Do you want to give the challenge a try?
Please head over to the OUAS blog to see more fabolouse exambples from the DT and to see who this month's sposnsors are!

1 kommentar:

Unknown sa...

Ha ha I'm not yet, but it will come soon. I made a mistake about my age already, not later than yesterday, giving me 2 years less than IRL, lol!